A blog containing things related to recorded music, live music events, and/or noncommercial radio. I am alternately a horrid old grouch and a starry-eyed rabid fanperson. I am also currently on musical semi-hiatus.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Why? and Au at The Echoplex, Tuesday 20 October 2009

Missed whoever opened (from the name, it could have been one band or two -- tough to tell), but arrived comfortably in time for the second opener, Au (apparently you say each letter, and that's the name of the band; proper capitalization unclear, and the internet is no help). I liked them, but there was too much ethereal singing for the kind of noise rock freak-out the drummer clearly (and admirably) wanted to be throwing down.

Why? was light on banter, but heavy on those wacky Yoni dance moves that may or may not be mocking the audience. I kind of felt better back in the days when it was a 3-piece, and he played an instrument other than the maracas a larger chunk of the time, but I am a hater. They did not play my very favorite song, but did play plenty of other good ones.

They ended the encore with a Hymie's Basement song, as most of the people on stage are also in that outfit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home